This blog is for teachers, principals and other stakeholders who are part of the Attalim Schools' Professional Learning Community. This is a space for sharing success stories, student work, readings, reflections, questions and ideas. We hope this blog will encourage on-going dialogue, collaborative learning and professional growth, even as we focus our efforts on improving student learning.

This site is maintained by Reniscience Education LLP. <--- Click on the link to visit our page and support us!


Thursday 4 December 2014

Using 'Jigsaw Reading' in class 9 - Sunel (Science. Dept.)

Teacher's reflections: For revising the concepts of matter of solids, liquids and gases separation in class 9, I used 'Jigsaw Reading' strategy. First I divided the whole class into 4 groups numbered them 1 - 4. Then I asked all the 1's, 2's .. 4's to reassemble and gave them some topics to discuss and after that I asked the students to join their home group and share their learnings.

This strategy helped me in recollecting the learnings done before in the previous class and revising them in a whole group with involving every student in a very new way.

I found that some students who were not able to share the learnings in the home group so I had to help them and explain the concepts for them.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great activity for self learning.
What did you do in the follow up activity as this is very practical topic and lots of activities can be planned based on the topic.

murtaza said...

Teacher's response:
Thank you for the comment.

Actually this activity was performed for revision of this topic and get clarifications if someone have any doubts.

But if I would have done this when I started with this topic, I would have done an open discussion after this activity and write down the responses on the board using any one of the GO's and would have shared ideas/thoughts/concepts related to the topic for better understanding of it.